Program – 2 Nights
Arrival at Bush Camp, (earliest 12h00), unpack, briefing on educational course, short swim or a game of volleyball to loosen up those stiff limbs, lunch, general talk about conservation, game drive, return for supper, wildlife video, bedtime.
Wake up at 6h00, bush walk, come back for breakfast at 8h30, identification of trees, leaves, bark, flowers in theory and in the field, game drive, play a game of rounders short swim, lunch at 13h00. At 14h00 identification of birds, followed by a game drive and then supper at 18h30, “entertainment around campfire” – bedtime.
Early morning walk with various animals (at the moment we have Cheetahs, Caracal) breakfast, pack up and leave before 10h00.
The program is adjusted to suit the age group of the children and if there are any requests please let us know what you would like to include in the program.
All parents or guardians have to sign an indemnity form for their children.
What to Take along
- Sleeping bag. pillow if required
- Knife, fork, spoon, mug, plate and bowl
- Swimming costume, towel, toiletries
- Clothing for the period of stay including a jersey and a rain jacket
- Pen and writing pad
- Sun block, Insect repelent, personal medicines
- Hat and good walking shoes
- Binoculars and bird books if available
- Small torch, camera if desired.
- Indemnity form – (signed)
What NOT to Take along
- No food, (KFC and other take-aways in particular) The children get three tasty meals a day so they do not need anything additional and they will just store the food in their bags uncooled and get sick.
- Cool-drinks are not needed, the children get water, juice, ice tea and tea/coffee to drink.
- No excessive amounts of sweets and chips.
- No Electronic devices